SolarEdge Three-Phase Inverters
SolarEdge offers three models of three-phase commercial inverters. The SE9kUS and SE14.4kUS model can be used at 208 VAC 3-P WYE or Delta configurations, and the SE33.3kUS inverter can connect to 480 VAC 3-P WYE configuration grids. The SolarEdge inverters are designed to work exclusively with SolarEdge power optimizers, and can use either single-module optimizers, or dual-module optimizers. MPPT and voltage management is handled by the power optimizers, allowing for a very high-efficiency, low-cost inverter.
The SE9kUS and SE14.4kUS inverters have a fixed input voltage of 400 VDC, while the SE10kUS, SE20kUS, and SE33.3kUS inverters operate with fixed input voltage of 850 VDC. The fixed input voltage from the optimizers allows for longer module string lengths, resulting in less wire line losses and fewer system components. These wall-mountable inverters are lightweight, and have built in module-level monitoring. They include an integrated code-compliant DC disconnect, Ethernet interface, and RS-485 serial port. All SolarEdge inverters are listed to UL 1741 and UL 1699B for the U.S.A. and Canada and are NEMA 3R rated. The inverters are rated for use from -4 °F to 140 °F temperatures. The SE14.4kUS and the SE33.3kUS inverters also come with three fused DC+ and DC- inputs, eliminating the need for a third-party fused combiner box.
The optimizers automatically shut down the DC current and voltage when detecting excessive heat, or when the SolarEdge inverter is turned off or disconnected from the grid, to ensure installer and firefighter safety. The high fixed voltage of a SolarEdge commercial system enables longer DC strings to be wired, lowering installation, connection, and wiring costs over typical commercial string inverter systems.
Monitoring through the SolarEdge monitoring portal can be enabled by connecting the inverter directly to an Internet router or switch, or using the wireless SolarEdge Zigbee Gateway Kit and Slave Modules. Commercial systems also can be equipped with the SolarEdge Environmental Sensors (irradiance, module and ambient temperature, and wind), as well as the Firefighter Gateway to improve safety in an emergency if needed or required.
- Three Models: SE9kUS and SE14kUS for 3P-208 VAC, and SE33.3kUS for 3P-480 VAC Output
- Internal Arc Fault Circuit Interrupter (AFCI) for added safety per NEC 2011: 690.11
- Connection to SolarEdge Portal for monitoring
- RS485 and Ethernet Communications interface included
- Optional ZigBee Wireless Communication Kit, and slave cards for additional inverters
- Optional Commercial GSM Cellular Modem/Card for multiple inverters
- Operating temperatures of -13 °F to +140 °F (-25 °C to +60 °C)
- NEMA 3R Enclosure
- 12-year inverter warranty, extendable to 20 or 25 years through SolarEdge
- Listed to UL 1741, UL1998 and UL1699B for U.S.A. and Canada
- Compliant with: IEEE 1547, FCC Part 15 B, CSA 22. 2
- Meets NEC 2014/NEC 2017 rapid shutdown requirements
- UL1741 SA compliant, meeting CPUC Rule 21 requirements