for Renewable Energy & Backup Power Applications
Free system design.
Send any questions.
The PicoCell represents a dramatic evolution from traditional power electronics. It is entirely driven by adaptive firmware which allows it to be universal. It can support any AC device whether it is single or three phase, 50 or 60 Hz, 120 or 230V. PicoCell simplifies the design and installation of an off-grid pump or other load by combining the functionality of several normally separate components: the inverter, variable frequency drive, MPPT controller, phase initiator/control box, and voltage boost. Additionally, as a result of the firmware design we are able to simulate the voltage and current spikes necessary to start up the load without over configuring the array like you would need to do with traditional power electronics. This results in the PicoCell typically requiring up to 50% less solar panel power, representing up to 40% cost savings in the total installation.
- Retrofit any standard AC pump into a high flow solar pump - no electric charges
- Control any AC pump up to 2HP – 120/230 Vac, 50/60Hz, 1-phase/3-phase
- Self-contained MPPT controller, VFD, inverter, phase initiator, voltage boost
- Reduces solar panel requirement up to 50% compared to typical AC VFD's
- Intelligent firmware that can adapt to any application
Pre-Configured PicoPanel Assemblies
SunTech Drive PicoPanels offer pre-assembled and pre-configured power mounting panels with a 2HP PicoCell Controller, your chosen SolProtect Disconnect enclosure and optional Power Blending Controller.
SolProtect Disconnect Enclosure Options include:
- SolProtect DC Disconnect as a standard enclosure for off grid systems.
- SolProtect AC/DC Disconnect enclosures for use with grid-tied or inverter-tied systems, typically with a Power Blending system.
- Ground Fault Detection (GFD) and Ground Fault Circuit Interrupt (GFCI) options offer required safety for use in pond or in-water applications – available in either DC or AC/DC options. GFD and GFCI will keep children and pets safe around your solar powered pond fountain or aerator.
- SunTech Drive's Power Blending Controller allows the PicoCell to intelligently blend power between the solar array and the power grid. This allows for pumps and other electric loads to run at full capacity regardless of solar irradiance. On a cloudy afternoon, the PicoCell will draw as much power as is available from the PV panels and the balance from the power grid. As evening comes, power automatically transitions completely to the grid providing a 24/7 power source with the lowest energy cost possible.
- PicoPanels simplify installation, requiring only clamping the panel to your post, and connecting the PV and load wires.
Over a century ago, Thomas Edison found a battery design that he considered to be nearly perfect. Today, Iron Edison is proud to offer an updated version of this incredible design that is specifically manufactured for Renewable Energy systems.
Iron Edison now offers a full line of solar panels, charge controllers, inverters and more!
For more information on the advantages of Iron Edison batteries and on our company, check out our About page. Technical specifications and operating procedures can be found in our Reference Library.
A brighter future. Off the grid. Iron Edison battery systems can be used for 12, 24 and 48 volt applications. We can also help you optimize battery capacity to take better advantage of the solar, wind and other hardware you may already have in place.